A coloratura soprano Antonina Vesenina was born in Voronezh and studied vocals under Natalia Savitskaya. In 2010 she obtained a Master’s Degree from Voronezh State Academy of Music. After her graduation, she joined “Saint Petersburg Opera” where she performed the roles of Gilda in Verdi’s “Rigoletto”, Lucia in Benjamin Britten’s “The Rape of Lucretia” and Genovieffa in Puccini’s “Suor Angelica”.
Since 2011, Ms. Vesenina is the soloist with the Mariinsky Academy of Young Opera Singers.
In June 2014 Ms Vesenina gave a debut in the Mariinsky Theatre Concert Hall as Queen of the Night in Mozart’s “Die Zauberflöte”. In November 2014 she performed as Rosina in the Premiere of Rossini’s “Il barbiere di Siviglia” on the Mariinsky new stage. Her debut as Queen of Shemakha in Rimsky-Korsakov’s “The Golden Cockerel” took place in February 2015.
She participated in different concerts of the Academy of Young Opera Singers in Great-Britain, Italy, Austria, France and Spain. Moreover, she took part in the Master Classes by Elena Obraztsova, Larisa Gergieva and Gegam Grigoryan.
Ms Vesenina won several opera competitions including the prestigious XV International Tchaikovsky Competition (Prize-winner and diploma recipient, 4th prize) in 2015.
• Prize-winner at the 51th International Singin Competition of Toulouse (France, 2016, 3rd prize)
• Prize-winner at the VII Nadezhda Obukhova Russian National Competition for Young Vocalists (Lipetsk, 2016, 1st prize)
• Prize-winner at the I International Young Opera Singers’ Competition Opera without Borders (Krasnodar, 2014, Grand Prix)
• Prize-winner at the III International Maxim Mikhailov Young Opera Singers’ Competition (Kaluga, 2013, 1st prize)
• Prize-winner at the III International Pavel Lisitsian Competition (Vladikavkaz, 2013, 2nd prize)
• Diploma-recipient at the International Rachmaninoff Competition (St Petersburg, 2012)
• Prize-winner at the All-Russian Competition of Graduates of Russia’s Higher Music Education Establishments (Kazan, 2010)
She also works with several theatres among which are Deutsche Oper am Rhein (Dusseldorf, Germany) and Komische Oper Berlin (Germany), where she performs as Queen of the Night in Mozart’s “Die Zauberflöte”.
In April 2016 at the stage of The Deutsche Oper am Rhein Antonina Vesenina with the grand success performed the role of the Queen of Shemakha in premiere of “The Golden Cockerel” by N.A. Rimsky-Korsakov staged by Dmitry Bertman.